Home Robert Kean Home Accounting Services Tax Consulting Services Moving expenses Donations Pension Income Splitting Tuition Fees Links Contact Menu

Moving Expenses

You can deduct eligible moving expenses if you move and establish a new home to be employed or carry on a business at a new work location, orĀ if you move to study courses as a student in full-time attendance at a university, college or other educational institution that offers courses at a post-secondary school level.

To qualify, your new home must be at least 40 kilometres (by the shortest usual public route) closer to the new place of work or educational institution.